Well, guys. Today’s the day. The series finale of Breaking Bad. Today we’ll say goodbye–and good riddance–to The One Who Knocks. (See an embroidered version of him here.)
I have never enjoyed a TV show more than Breaking Bad, but my emotions can’t take any more of this. These last few episodes have been nonstop intensity, and the following week is nonstop discussions, and my brain is nonstop fried.
But what a ride, right? It’s been blast. I’m so excited to see the end, but I’m sad for it to be over. I am also worried for the mental health of us, as a group. Will there be a giant sigh of relief tonight? Or stunned silence?
I used green and brown to reflect the colors in the Breaking Bad credits. They are also reminiscent of the desert dirt in New Mexico. When Walt yelled at Skylar that he is the one who knocks, it was an iconic moment in television. We had a new phrase for evil, a new kind of bad guy. And I expect tonight’s episode will be a new kind of send-off–a finale that takes us to depths we haven’t seen before. I can’t wait.
I am working on a project to sew some of my favorite quotes and images from books (and TV). You can see the other quotes in my embroidery project here:
- favorite quote embroidery project
- mischief managed (aka embroidery no. 2)
- there are other worlds than these (embroidery no. 3)
- if you love me (embroidery no. 4)
- gibberish (embroidery no. 5)
- embroidery display
- oodles of charm (embroidery no. 6)
- see synonyms at monster (embroidery no. 7)
- everyone was going (embroidery no. 8)
- i carry your heart with me (embroidery no. 9 and happy mother’s day)
- chapter 19 (embroidery no. 10)
- valar morghulis (embroidery no. 11)
- God bless you but (embroidery no. 12)
- breaking bad (embroidery no. 13)
- lying cat (embroidery no. 14)