Today’s the day. The beginning of the end. I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about a TV show. It actually reminds me of when Harry Potter was coming out. The midnight parties, the internet message boards (remember those?), the guessing and wondering and talking in circles about how it would end. I love this kind of thing.
So in the spirit of my embroidery project, I made a tiny tribute to Walter White as Heisenberg. I thought about embroidering “I am the one who knocks,” and I still might. But his features are so perfect and distinct for an abstract image like this that I couldn’t pass it up. And I certainly would never say Heisenberg is cute but…
It’s just so little and dear.
So, I don’t have cable. Normally this isn’t an issue. I have hulu and netflix and I can participate in live TV sometimes through a digital antennae. This won’t work for Breaking Bad, and if I hear spoilers I will just die. My elaborate plan is to turn off the internet, not look at texts, and basically shut everything out starting at 9 p.m. tonight when Breaking Bad airs. Then, tomorrow morning, I’ll get up early and watch it on Amazon before work. Otherwise, I won’t be able to look at the internet or talk to anyone all day, right?
We’ll see how it goes. It’s a little on the edge of crazy, but what can you do?
I am working on a project to sew some of my favorite quotes and images from books (and now, I guess, TV shows). Let me know if you have any quote suggestions! You can see the other quotes in my embroidery project here:
- favorite quote embroidery project
- mischief managed (aka embroidery no. 2)
- there are other worlds than these (embroidery no. 3)
- if you love me (embroidery no. 4)
- gibberish (embroidery no. 5)
- embroidery display
- oodles of charm (embroidery no. 6)
- see synonyms at monster (embroidery no. 7)
- everyone was going (embroidery no. 8)
- i carry your heart with me (embroidery no. 9 and happy mother’s day)
- chapter 19 (embroidery no. 10)
- valar morghulis (embroidery no. 11)
- God bless you but (embroidery no. 12)