When a dome falls over your entire town, cutting you off from the rest of the world, things can get a little stressful. One of my favorite parts of the book (and show!) was watching how people handled that stress–whether it was admirable or terrifying.
This embroidery is from Under the Dome and, well, has language that’s a little NSFW. Click through the jump if swear words won’t offend.
This quote comes from Duke, the Chester’s Mill police chief. I like how it starts out polite, but gets the message across. Duke has to stand up to nonsense and try to do his job during a never-seen-before disaster. But he runs into opposition at almost every turn. Duke stands up for what he thinks is best, even while facing an intimidating Big Jim.
This quote made me laugh, and I’d be lying if I said I never felt this way. (And I don’t even have a dome over my town.) I used a pretty cursive font because I liked the way a sweet-looking embroidery contrasts with the sharp words. Is there a way to tell people to F-off nicely? Not really, but Duke found about as close as you can get.
This is the one of a few Under the Dome related posts this week. You can see other posts here: trapped (or reading under the dome), tv: under the dome (ep 1), and under the dome: emergency kits. And I am working on a project to sew some of my favorite quotes from books. Let me know if you have any quote suggestions! You can see the other quotes in my embroidery project here:
- favorite quote embroidery project
- mischief managed (aka embroidery no. 2)
- there are other worlds than these (embroidery no. 3)
- if you love me (embroidery no. 4)
- gibberish (embroidery no. 5)
- embroidery display
- oodles of charm (embroidery no. 6)
- see synonyms at monster (embroidery no. 7)
- everyone was going (embroidery no. 8)
- i carry your heart with me (embroidery no. 9 and happy mother’s day)
- chapter 19 (embroidery no. 10)
- valar morghulis (embroidery no. 11)
That’s hilarious! I want to check out this book. 🙂