Because resolutions seem so, well, resolute, I’m giving myself some wiggle room with regular (and adaptable) goals for this year. Last year I did the same. I accomplished some and abandoned others, but it was good to have some guidelines to help focus my year. (#fatcat resolves to nap more and harder.) This year, I’d like to…
- Sew some kind of article of clothing using a pattern. I like to sew but haven’t done much work with patterns. It’s about time I tried a few things.
- Knit a blanket for my own house. The baby blanket was a huge learning experience for me, and I’d like to have a grown up-size blanket of my own. Not sure when I’ll get started on this because of time and expense, but hopefully I’ll make it happen later on this year.
- Make my home a small cool space again. I’ll be redecorating this year, more details on that later. But as always, I want to decorate my home in a way that is comfortable, functional, and represents me. I may not make it in time for the official Small Cool Spaces contest on Apartment Therapy, but either way my space will be small and cool.
- Continue to focus the topics I blog about and plan more posts ahead of time.
- Read more new releases. I have a long list of books to read that I’ll keep adding to, but I will make sure to include some brand new books released this year.
What do you think? I love reading everyone else’s goals too, so if you have some to share, let me know!