New Year’s resolutions are so intimidating. You’re supposed to make a list of things to do the whole year automatically be a better person!? Whoa. Let’s just, whoa.
#fatcat is exhausted just thinking about it. So these are not resolutions. These are more like guidelines. Goals to help me focus, but nothing to stress over.
- Get my apartment ready and enter Apartment Therapy‘s Small Cool Spaces contest. I did this a few years ago with my old studio, and it’s one of my favorite things to look at on the whole internet. I look forward to seeing it every year.
- Focus on book-inspired crafts and outfit ideas. I did that a little bit more this year (here and here, for example), but I want to incorporate more of my reading into these posts.
- Read more than I did in 2012. I’m obsessed with Goodreads‘ book stats. It tracks how many books–and even how many pages–you read over the year.
- Continue exploring my personal style and sharing it here.
- Learn to crochet. I’ve been wanting to learn to crochet for a long time, so it’s past time to make it happen.
- Host a dinner party. I have the space now, and I’d really like to have friends over more often to share my home and have fun. I’ve just signed up for How To Plan A Better Party at the Brooklyn Brainery, so I’m on my way! Sign up if you want to take it with me!
- Host an online book club. I really love the idea of reading a book and opening it up for discussion here. Any books you want to read? Let me know!
- Plan to host a real life event. I also love the idea of hosting a real life event somewhere. I’d like to make a concrete plan of action before the end of the year and see what/when something could be possible.
- Start a thankful list. I’ve read a lot about how stopping to note what you’re thankful for can help set the tone for your day and improve your mood and happiness. Plus it just sounds like a good idea.
- Create some weekly features. For consistency and fun and consistent fun!
Whelp, there we have it. Any suggestions? LET’S DO THIS 2013.