I’ve been talking more about my apartment lately, and that’s because I’ve been dressing up less and spending more time at home (blame Hurricane Sandy, I sure do). But I have big plans, you guys. BIG PLANS. Unfortunately, big plans cost big bucks, and I’m just not sure how to work this all into my budget.
Here’s a few shots of my kitchen and living rooms. (My bedroom is still too undone)
Here’s what I’d like to do:
for the living room/kitchen
- get a cowhide rug for the living room, poking out from under the couch [$199]
- buy (or make!) some giant, round crocheted round rugs for under the table and desk [$804 for total yarn, hopefully less to buy two rugs]
- find a cool umbrella stand for next to my front door [?]
- place a tiny table or shelf on the wall next to my front door, and maybe a home sweet home artwork or something of the sort [?]
- print this gunslinger-inspired print for above my bookshelf [$30?]
- buy and paint some crown molding to frame my full length mirrors [$20?]
- get a chair for my kitchen table [$79.99]
- and some folding chairs for guests [$67.96]
- get more magnets to keep putting photo on my fridge/front door [$10]
for the bedroom
- this handy craft to make a jewelry holder (i already have the frame) [free]
- I’ve fallen in love with this duvet cover [$129]
- paint screens to use as a headboard [maybe free, maybe about $30]
- yet another round rug for next to the bed [?]
So, for my dream apartment so far, the grand total of things I still would like to get would be $1,369.95. Not including tax. Without the $800 rugs I am obviously not getting but including an estimate for real rugs, it is $765.95.
Oof. This will take some time. In the meantime, I’d like to make some purchases and keep shopping around. I’ll keep you posted.