Moving plans are trucking along. I have juuust barely started packing and I’ve gotten rid of some things I don’t want to move. But mostly I’ve daydreamed about what to do in my new space.
I mean, moving is a drag, right? It’s a big pain and expensive and stressful. But decorating is fun, and so is a new apartment. I have thought of some very specific things I’d like and also some big ideas I haven’t worked out yet. Everything on my list changes on almost a daily basis, and ultimately I’ll likely need to live there a bit before I figure it all out.
- Mismatched plates/dishes, likely from thrift stores. I will hopefully be having a lot more people over for dinners since I’ll have more space. But nice plates are expensive! I’d like to try to mix and match with what I can find.
- Peg boards. Everywhere.
- A shelf to display my favorite coffee cups. probably like a shadow box-type thing, painted black so they will pop. This is something I made up and would like to find or make. But we’ll see how it pans out.
- Shower hooks or S hooks on either hangers or rods to hang scarves and purses.
- How fun does this plastidip look?! But I don’t know what I’d use it on yet
- I can’t let go of the idea of brightly colored beautiful velvet.
I have thought a lot about an entryway and haven’t decided on anything except I think a coat rack and umbrella stand sound fun. I also would love to have space for a table for my sewing machine and any projects I’m working on in addition to a desk just for work. I’m pretty sure I’m letting my daydreams get away with me–but that’s ok for now!
You can keep up with my daydreams on Pinterest.
For me, time spent planning rooms before I’ve actually moved in is wasted.it always turns out I’ve over/under estimated size, shape colour of floor/walls etc, but inevitably I do it anyway, lol!
I know what you mean! I’m getting ahead of myself, but I’m excited and it’s fun to think about!